Monday, October 3, 2011

Crucible Post 2

As a race, humans are individuals and different from one another. Our differences are not only projected on the outside, but on the inside as well. Beliefs and opinions differ from person to person. However, one objective that every living thing has in common is the will to survive. Surviving is the purpose of living. Most everybody would do anything if their lives depended on it. However, if our survival depended on crossing the line between the truth and deceit, there would be problems.

In society, a virtue that has been constantly drilled into its members is truth. Although some members do not follow this path of honesty, the majority does. Our whole country was built on the foundation of truth and the lack of it. However, most people would falter when given the choice of life or death on the basis of their opinion. In my case, my choice of beliefs would be different for different situations. If my life depended on a lie, I would lie without hesitation. However, if there was even a possibility that my lie would cause harm to someone innocent, I would not. However, if my opinion would change someone's opinion about me, I would stay true to my beliefs. It is important to me to be myself, which is why I would stand up for my beliefs if I would still be alive after voicing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment